Philadelphia Transportation Company
PCC 2054 in 2014
Co. PCC 2054 was built by St. Louis Car Co. in 1940.
In 1978, SEPTA replaced 2054's orange-white-and-blue paint with its original
1940 silver, cream and blue color scheme.
After ten years of storage and a final run down Island Avenue during SEPTA's
Trolley Fest in 1993, 2054 sat outdoors at Midvale bus garage.
Of two hundred and sixty pre-war "air car" PCC trolleys that served
Philadelphia's trolley routes for more than forty years, 2054 is the sole survivor.
Today 2054 is stored -- thankfully -- indoors
at Electric City Trolley Museum in Scranton, PA. There are no plans for restoration
at this time.
Photos by Roger DuPuis II, September 20, 2014
Return to Philadelphia Trolley
Tracks main page