SIA Philadelphia Car Barn Tour:
15th & Tucker Substation
Tucker Substation was built
by PRT in 1912, on 15th Street at Tucker Street.
When built, its three 2000 kilowatt converters provided 600 volt DC for the
expanding trolley system.
1919 PRT inventory lists Tucker Substation as having a steel truss roof,
s.f. floor area, and "cubical contents" of 196,000 cu. ft.
June 8, 2007, Mike Szilagyi photo
Click on these
images for larger views.
Return to the SIA Car Barn Tour Index page.
Return to Philadelphia Trolley
Tracks main page.