SIA Philadelphia Car Barn Tour:
Girard Horse Car Barn
Girard Avenue Horse Car Barn
was a complex of buildings constructed in 1859
between Girard Avenue, Poplar Street, 26th and 27th Streets,
by the Richmond & Schuylkill Passenger Railway Co.
Between the 1890s and 1912, the barns housed early electric trolleys.
The main building (shown above) once faced Girard Avenue, but has been torn
Ed Torpey collection, courtesy
of Joel Spivak
Click on these
images for larger views.
Return to the SIA Car Barn Tour Index page.
Return to Philadelphia Trolley
Tracks main page.